Developing Nebraska's Natural Resources...
Protecting Lives,
Protecting Property,
Protecting the Future

Click the link below for more information on a listening session on limited irrigation option for corn and soybean crop insurance programs. Held in Alma at the Lower Republican NRD on Wednesday, December 18th at 10 am.

      pdf Listening Session for feedback on a Limited Irrigation option for Crop Insurace Programs

The Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy's 2019 Clean Diesel Rebate Program is now accepting applications for replacement of eligible diesel irrigation engines with all-electric equipment..

Applications must be submitted to the Department by January 17 2020. 

NDEE will reimburse 60% of the cost of the electrical equipment, installation, and required electric line extension up to a maximum rebate of $20,000. Each applicant may apply to replace on diesel engine. The Department anticipates funding seventeen irrigation engine rebates. The rebate may be combined with a financial incentive fromt he electric utility to partially defray the cost of service line extesion. A rebate under this program cannot be combined with funds from any other federal grant program for replacement of the same engine.

The replaced diesel engine must be scrapped. Replacement projects must be completed by August 30, 2020.

More information about the 2019 Clean Diesel Rebate Program can be found at the program website: .

Questions can be directed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., 402-471-4272.



Brian Ballou, of Wilsonville, NE, a producer in the Lower Republican Natural Resources District earned the top award for the most profitable sorghum farm in the 2018 UNL-TAPS (University of Nebraska Lincoln Testing Ag Performance Solutions) program.  Additional information:  pdf 2018 UNL Taps Ballou in LRNRD Sorghum Profitability  

2018 Farm Management Competition Banquet Report


The Lower Republican Natural Resources District hereby issues an Order pertaining to the Republican River Basin Wide Plan.  Please click on the files to review the Notice of Order, Order, and Full Basin Wide Plan below.

pdf LRNRD Notice of Order

pdf LRNRD Order



Lower Republican Natural Resources District (LRNRD) and Nebraska Bostwick Irrigation District (NBID) have signed an Agreement through which the LRNRD will contribute $1 million to Bostwick’s upcoming automated gate project. This project will significantly improve the efficiency of the Franklin Canal in South Central Nebraska helping to preserve precious water in the Republican Basin.

Click on the link to read the full story.

Bostwick Rubicon Gate reduced


 Occupation Tax Letter          Occupation Tax Exempt Form 2019

*Please note that beginning in 2018, both the Owner and Operator are required to sign.

Chemigation Rules and Regulations Effective 3-19-2015

Chemigation Form located at the top right of this page under DOWNLOAD FORMS

Chemigation Form Instructions

Click on the link below to go to the DNR website to look up wells.  At the bottom of the page you can access On-line Options and Information which has forms you may need to change ownership, making a well inactive, modification, etc.

Groundwater Well Registration

Option 1

calculatorapp Water Meter Calculator App

This University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension App will help irrigators calculate the amount of water pumped by their irrigation pumping plant.

The Water Meter Calculator App allows the user to store data, such as field size in acres, flow meter units and allocation and annual irrigation caps for each field.

The app is available for download at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store for $1.99.  

Option 2

Click on the link with the compatible excel for your computer and enable editing on the bar at the top.  Choose meter type, type in Field Name and click on Make Field.  At the bottom of the screen is a tab with the Field Name you just entered.  Click on that and it will take you into the calculator sheet. 

  spreadsheet Calculator for Excel 2003                     default Calculator for Excel 2010

Option 3

A link to UNL's Irrigation Meter Calculator:

Option 4

If you prefer a paper method, you can use this  pdf Printable Formula .

  pdf Employment Application

Lower Republican NRD | 30 North John Street | P.O. Box 618 | Alma, NE 68920 | Phone: 308.928.2182 / 800.353.1297 | E-mail: lrnrd @